Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I've discovered I just don't have the patience to even figure out how to add all of the families sites as links, so if anyone could give me a quick low down, I'd appreciate it. Also, none of the sites I've seen on the web look like any of you guys' - any hints? We don't need anything fancy but something with a little bit more personality would be good! Dana

Comments on ""

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:00 PM) : 

Dana, the first thing you need to do is come to the realization as I did, that you are not a "tinker". A tinker is person her tinkers around with her computer all day. If you or I "tinker" we get it all messed up then we have to have a "thunker" come in and repair our tinkering. A "thunker" has a little higher degree in "tinkering" than the "tinker". Now Heidi, is a very good "tinker" and surprisingly John could be classified as a "thunker". Plead stupidity like I did and the "tinker" will work all night in designing and laying out your site. All you need to do is supply her with your user name and password. Once she has completed her tinkering, you really should change the passowrd or mysterious things will appear on your blog site, especially around April Fool's Day. I would help you but I know better than to tinker when I should not be tinkering. When you discover how to link the sites to your site, let me know, the tinkler listed some of them when she set me up but the family has since grown. My secret is that I have each blog site listed on my favorite list, each day I just work my way down the list from top to bottom. One other hint, the "thunker" also know as the Plumma is the spelling critic in our circle, so any time you comment to his site, double check your spelling or you will get the mispelled word underlined in red! One blog that Shana posted, I thought she had underlined all her words in red just to highlight it, that is when I discover that the Plumma is really a spell checker! But, you can also have a lot of fun by commenting to his site and purposely mispell every other word! Always respond to his site with a lot of verbage, he loves to read!

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (10:42 PM) : 

Dana.... If you want to learn html...check out Thurs site (he is in my link list) i used his black layout and change colors and the header. It is pretty easy to play around with. But if that is to much for you...send me some graphic/pitures you want for your header/title...and colors.

I use "blog roll" (the link is on my site) to update my links... after you enter your links into ther system, you just copy thier code and put it in your temeplate. It is really easy to add links that way.

Dad i will update your links....someday...

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (8:33 AM) : 

See Dana, it works! The "tinker" is fast and I assure you, she will do a great job - look at the anxiety attcks thatshe is having oiver her mothers site! But, I did not think that she would ever put a "cross dresser" on her own motehrs site. What will people think?

 

Blogger john r mclay said ... (9:43 PM) : 

The only suggestion I have is that you not listen to meaningless prattle - especially over 20 lines!

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (11:23 PM) : 

Dana, it works! I followed Heidi's advice that she gave you and was able to link the new sites to my page. Of course it only took 4.5 hours of company time and several times I thought I was going to have to call for the "tinkers" help! At one time, I had everything double posted, no one told me that you were not suppose to do it twice to make sure it was saved! The great thing is that you can label them whatever you want - you do not have to use the blog site name! I think I will change mine often just to confuse everyone, including myself.

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (8:14 AM) : 

WOW you did it....dad...nice links do they work?

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (8:35 AM) : 

Yes, of course they work! Why would I install them if they did not work? Also, if you just graze that little arrow over them, it will tell you the last time that the site was updated. Have I passed my apprenticeship as "tinkie" to a "tinker" yet?

 

Blogger Shana said ... (3:31 PM) : 

hey i am a learning tinker...I have figured out how to "tinker" I am not as good as Heidi and may need to call her to my rescue but I would be willing to give it a try is you want...

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (10:20 PM) : 

Don't worry everybody...I have thier site templates saved.

 

Blogger Da Bears said ... (1:32 PM) : 

hahaha!
i e-mail to much so if i do brives dont wory spell and gramare not my thing. blondy is really go with the comp. the only eletronic i can use is the light bored and sound egitment in the homer theater. coool hu!
love lot Marina

 

Blogger john r mclay said ... (6:01 AM) : 

After a long while of staring at the seemingly meaningless broken english and numbers on end, the template of html will suddenly become clear as mud...

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (7:49 AM) : 

That is the way a "thunker" thinks when they dinker! It is intimidating because it is a entirely new language. However, there mayvbe one concept in blogging that may have slipped your thoughts. It is not like "pay for view", you can make as many postings as you like at not addiotnal cost. In fact you can make several every dfay and the cost is the same - not even like a telephone! You can update, changed, add comments, you can do all kind of thingfs and it does not cost a thing. I know some people who add a new posting every day - it is fir into their routine. I knowyou are tight on time since poophf ball season has started, why don't you get a lap top, then while you are sitting on base waiting for someone to hit you in, you can do a little blogging before you start jogging to home.

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (10:33 PM) : 

Good Idear...I like it! Are you ready for a new look?

 

post a comment