Thursday, February 21, 2008

we're back


Just a Quick comment on the book "They call us champions" by Steve Wolfe. I thought the book was well written, and very comical. The memories were not exactly the same as mine, however the disclaimer at the start of the book excuses that. I was glad to read the stories of Tad excatly as they had been told to me when I was a child. One comment, not about the book, but about Squeel. The book mentioned his intensity, but I have to tell you this guy was as dedicated to being a champion as no other. Coach mentioned John's "crossface" and the "forced snap craddle" he punnished his opponents with constantly. Coach didn't mention, John practiced these and other most painful wrestling moves on me everyday in practice. In practice there are no refs, and inflicting pain on your wrestling partner was fair game, if he could take it. My senior year John was the only kid on the team who would practice with me, and I him. I knew if I could beat Squeel I would be a state champ, so I tried to beat him everyday! He was the toughest guy I ever wreslled.


Speaking of champs--Lance Mackey and that team of his!!! -Awsome- Somebody should write a book about them!

Comments on "we're back"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (5:53 PM) : 

Good to have you back on the net! Good review on Steve's book, I put a review on my site a coupleof weeks back, might want to go back and take a look at it. Your mother throughly enjoyed the book and like us, brought back many grteat memories. Great description of you and "neland" in practice, the tywo of you made tgreat co-captrains and brought the team together just rtying to keep up with you. "Thanks for the memories"

 

Blogger Shana said ... (7:10 PM) : 

Hey your back...and you unlocked the door so I can acturally comment on you....hehehe

Lance ran an awsome race...did you know he is a cancer survivor?

Glad your here again...
Love you all

Your wonderfully super sister.

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (8:30 PM) : 

Hey glad your around! I haven't had a chance to read Steve's book but I look forward to it.

When can we expect another post?

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (11:36 PM) : 

Hey, meant to mention the good looking mqachine in the back of your truck! It is even in my favorite color! You shouldn't have! Now that yu got it for me, I guess I am going to have to take up riding.

 

Blogger john r mclay said ... (2:47 AM) : 

We know that writing isn't a Bear's forte, noticing the last post was my birthday - which I am closer to the next than the last. Either way, good to see a post.
That new machine looks too mean for you, also. If you would have left in in LA for a short time, I could have tamed it for you.

 

Blogger real eyez said ... (2:55 AM) : 

Glad to see you guys are back on! You will have to blog more often now! As far as the machine I miss REAL snow machining. Here there is not enough snow and VERY, VERY FLAT. Oh well, have fun and tell Dana and the kids hello!

 

Blogger real eyez said ... (2:56 AM) : 

Did Heath give you his number? If not I will have him call you! He has his own phone now!

 

post a comment