Tuesday, March 04, 2008

GOOO Aaron!

In 1990 I lived in Nome and saw Joe Runyun edge Susan Butcher in a drag race down Front street! It was very exciting and made me an Idirod fan for life. Another fan who watched the end of that race with me was Aaron Burmister and his brother. At the time, one was a fourth grader and the other may have been in fifth or sixth grade. I can't remember why, but their mother was out of town and I was house sitting for her and making sure the boys went to school, did homework, and took care of the dog lot. I can't remember who owned the dogs, but both boys spent any spare time working or running them. The older boy built a sled for a school project, I rember being very immpressed. Aaron was in the top three going over the pass. I hope he does well. Mitch Seavey from Seward is my prediction for a winner, I don't know why, call it a hunch.

Comments on "GOOO Aaron!"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (10:33 AM) : 

He is going to have to go fast, Mackey is pulling out al thr tricks in the book. My favorite is so far back, he may come in behind the Red Lantern. I think it is his "farewell" ride. I will go in with you on a partnership for 4 or five good dogs and sled. I will even let you keep the dogs at yur house. I think it wiould be kick to ride trhe river behind a dog sled. No gas, no pull start, no stuck. Just jump on the sled and hollar "hike"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (10:34 AM) : 

Summer time, we could put wheels on the sled and give tourists rides up and down the beach road for bucks - we could get rich!

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (11:04 AM) : 

Just 16 minutes ago, Bret Favre announced that he is going to retire.

 

Blogger Shana said ... (11:32 AM) : 

Now I am jealous. I sat under the finish line sign...in AUGUST!! LOL...but I imagined what it would be like to be there when this race ends....I am not sure who is my choice of winners...so many have great potential...and quite a few have personal goals to achieve...mackey is still my favorite ...mainly because of the records he will hold if he finishes this race in first place...but so many good musher's kids are now racing...and that makes it a tough call...I wanna go to Nome!~!!

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (9:09 PM) : 

Not to change the subject, but today as I was watching several hundred birds at our feeders, one of them whispered into my ear with a secret about the forth coming elections in November. I am looking for converts, would you post a note for Mama Bear, refer to politcalprattle.blogspot.com and link it as a favorite. I am sure the answers she seeks will be found. If I can convert her, then I can muster enough grit to work on the Epperson families! :)

 

Blogger Shana said ... (12:10 PM) : 

lol...Shane your man and mine are having pie!

 

post a comment