Friday, June 13, 2008

back to the Den

greetings Bloggers and clan members;
As I await the finial weekend opener on the Anchor river, I watch the drizzle fall from the sky. I hope this will discourage some of the the other Bears, from lurking to my favorite fishing hole at 3AM, but I'm sure they are all planing their mid-night assaults as I am.
I am always looking to aid my fishing luck with small superstitions, this habit I developed as a ball-player. I tried slacking on hygiene, but was vetoed by mama bear, I tried new gear, it broke. I tried fishing the "honey" hole with the pukers, I spent more time un-tangling than fishing. So I've decided to turn to the old family talent....POETRY
Ode to the King Salmon:
Your Body is strong
You swim with might
All these Hours I've spent
wishing you'd bite
Oh, I cry in my coffee
you damn S.O.B.
maybe I'd do better
if I'd start drinking Tea!
Have a good day on the water, and good luck with your fishing.

Comments on "back to the Den"

 

Blogger john r mclay said ... (3:51 PM) : 

Sounds like you wrote that for my entire king fishing career.
Good poem. Hope the luck is there for you this weekend. A wolf won't be lurking to nab a fillet, though, so you'll have to "bear" it with an eagle.

 

Blogger Heidi said ... (7:55 AM) : 

I hope this works for you, I will be doing the Fish Dance for you. Hope it works.

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (11:39 AM) : 

It has been a slow season, sorry I did not go with you this a.m. but at 3:37 a.m. when I saw you, the only thing that did not hurt was my eyes, they had plenty of rest after popping shut at 7:00 pm. Perhaps the movement of 9.3 tons of armour rock in one day was a little excessive. I could not remember planting some of those big rocks, talking with Heath he reminded me that he and Gus had built that flower bed, that was ten years ago and Gus was in his prime. Second reason that I declined going is that I have to conserve my punch card, I did not want to use up all of my punches. I had a draught once like you are going through, I found that fishing standing one just one leg broke my string of "skunk outs", might want to try that.

 

post a comment