Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ode to King Salmon


I've seen them out there,

I've been casting all night.

I wish I could catch one,

and feel the thing fight.



As I stand in the river,

I hear the birds sing,

It remindes me of a time,

when I once caught a King!!



Just wait till next year!!

Comments on "Ode to King Salmon"

 

Blogger Stan Harrington said ... (7:13 PM) : 

Not to worry, when fishing is tough like it is this year, you can only shrug it off and wait for the Pink Salmon, or perhaps the Stud Beaver will take you Red Salmon fishing on the Kenai, I get to go along and take pictures. Although not a good year, but I have landed several nice trophy kings, the only thing that I see you doing wrong is that you are not "Shadow Casting" or perhaps a nice3 "Roll Cast" will encourage a lunker to come up off the bottom and take your sdalmon egg imitations.

 

Blogger Mama Bear said ... (7:16 PM) : 

Almost a year since you wrote this. Wish with all my heart you could be out there fishing for those kings tonight.

 

post a comment